Clean & Ethical Guarantee
Suvarna was born out of a passion for all things healthy, natural, and organic - products which are good for you without damaging side effects on your body or the environment.
We understand that shopping for hair and skin care is a minefield. Claims such as vegan, natural, ethical, organic and more are everywhere. It is our aim to take that headache away by only offering you products that meet the highest independent standards and by being completely transparent.
You can trust us - we’ve been around since the beginning of the natural beauty wave in 1999. We know our ingredients, standards and claims.
This is the Suvarna Clean & Ethical Guarantee:
Cosmetics on Suvarna are 100% free from toxic chemicals and will never contain ingredients in our banned list (see below).
We ensure products on Suvarna are independently certified organic or natural to Cosmos or NaTrue standards or similar, or would pass natural certification standards.
None of the products we sell are tested or ever will be tested on animals.
Other Ethical or Skin Concern Filters:
Additionally we offer you the option of narrowing your product searches with the following filters:
- Certified cruelty-free (by Leaping Bunny or PETA)
- Palm oil Free
- Plastic Free
The Suvarna Banned Ingredients List:
- Ammonium Laureth Sulfate
- Animal Fat
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole)/BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene)
- BPA (Bisphenol A)
- Coal Tar
- Cocamide MEA
- DMDM Hydantoin
- Ethanolamines - DEA (diethanolamine), MEA (Monoethanolamine), & TEA (triethanolamine)
- FD & C Colour Pigments
- Fragrance (Synthetic)
- Hydrolysed Animal Protein
- Imidazolidinyl Urea
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone (CMIT), Methylisothiazolinone (MIT)
- Mineral Oil
- Nitromusks/Polycyclic Musks
- Parabens (Butyl, Ethyl, Isobutyl, Isopropyl, Methyl, Propyl)
- Paraffin Oil / Wax
- PEGs (Polyethylene Glycol)
- Perfluorinated compound (PFASs or PFCs)
- Petrolatum / Petroleum Oil
- Phthalates (DBP/DMP/DEP)
- PVP/VA Copolymer / PVC
- SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulphate)
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate)
We understand that beauty jargon can be confusing. Feel free to ask us a question.
There are also apps around that can help if you come across ingredients elsewhere that you don’t understand. - Have a read of our article on Yuka, Think Dirty and more.